Saturday, April 2, 2011

Case Files

This week in class we worked on making up a client and then making a case file for the client. We also talked about what we would do at an initial meet and greet with the client. I have had the pleasure of sitting in a few new client meetings and I have noticed that they are never the same. You can go in prepared by reading their files and all the documents you can gather but with all the preparations you do your meeting a person and with that said things will change. Plus meeting someone new it is fine just to sit there and not say anything about what you already to know but to just listen to what the person has to say and get a sense of what you are getting into.

I have found that with meeting a new client I am just as nervous as the person I am meeting with. So it's nice to go in talking about the weather or the drive that way your loosen up the situation a little before talking about the person..

I found what the book had to say to be very useful and gave some great tips. There was a lot of information and I can't wait to use it in real life situations.

2 comments:

  1. Alysha, i would like to hear more about you experiences sitting in on intakes and initial interviews. When you say that they never go the same, what do you mean?
    Being as nervous or as unsure as your client happens to many case managers.
    Can you say more about the information and tips that you can use in real life situations?

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well with some initial interviews the client is more interested in learning about what PRIDE has to offer and other the client is more interested in telling us what they would like out of services. So you can never go in with all the answers as there is never an outline of what the conversation is going to be... I went into an initial interview with a little speech prepared as I wrote down everything from the first one I went to and this client was more interested in yelling at his current providers then hearing about PRIDE; so I prepared for nothing. When my boss and I walked out of the interview I had a lot of questions for her as this was a learning experience and she said "yea that doesn't usually happen, but no two initial interviews are the same"

    ReplyDelete