Sunday, April 17, 2011

Crazy Week

This has been one crazy week! At work last Friday we did intake on one of our toughest clients and I am the on call person, this weeks homework, and my boyfriend has his two kids for school break (so we have three kids yelling at all times)...
With the new client I am helping do most of what I worked on in class at the office.. It was nice to be able to help while learning the correct way of how to do it.. But with doing the intake on a Friday I never realized how many calls or text messages one person could get around a new client. This was the first time I assisted with doing an intake and it was a real eye opener. And I am pretty sure I will never want to do an intake on a Friday again. So it made for a long weekend and week..
This week it was nice to learn the correct way to do a contact note as I have always been a little unclear of what to put in and what not to put in the note.

1 comment:

  1. Alysha, wow, sounds busy in your life.
    Contacts note are the ongoing documentation of progress, issues, etc. Any and all contact you have with the client or work on the clients behalf needs to be documented in the case file. Great that this week was informative to you and helpful in your knowledge about case files and proper documentation.
    I have done last minute intakes on Fridays and over the weekend-all part of the job!
    Good thoughts to be sharing this week
    Be well
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete