Monday, April 11, 2011

Week Eleven

This week we discussed working in teams and how each member in a team works. I think the team approach would work best. When you work as a team they are people you can bounce your ideas off others and the others can bounce off their ideas. With all the ideas you can formulate a great program that will best suite the client. Also if the program doesn't work then the team can sit down and discuss the plan and tweak it so it works for the client.
With the teams that were put together in the book I thought the client's would really benefit. I think this because the teams has enough of a spectrum of people in different aspects to better asses the needs of the client.
I think it would only really work with the team is willing to work together if your trying to get the PCP, PT, OT, SLP's to work as a team and they are not willing to it isn't going to work. But if they are willing then the team will go high.

2 comments:

  1. Alysha, great that you are supportive of team efforts. Group work/team efforts are necessary in case management. In many ways as you coordinate the plan, you will be coordinating the team efforts to ensure the best possible plan for your client. Regular team meetings are essential to ensure that all things are going as planned and if not, how to get them back on track or perhaps a new track?
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can be a little pushy if I thought the team was not focused on the questions I had I would have no problems getting everyone on track as I know everyone has limited amount of time to send on one client

    ReplyDelete